Blue Grass offers a wide range of bulk and aggregate products, allowing you to complete your landscape projects on time and on budgets. We carry many different types of soils, mulches, decorative rock and landscape rock as well as firewood. All our bulk and aggregate products are sold by cubic yard, you can purchase any amount from part of a cubic yard up to full truck loads. All our soils, mulches, and rock are available year round for pick up or delivery service. View our most popular items below or visit us to see our full selection.
Cubic Yard Calculation:
Length in feet multiplied by Width in feet, then divided by 9, then divided by 36, and multiplied by desired depth in inches, equals cubic yards.
15′ x 30′ = 450 sq. ft.
1.3888 x 4 = 5.555 *
*This means you would need 5.5 cubic yards of product to cover a 450 sq. ft. area at a 4″ depth.
Looking to avoid the mess and slugging of loose materials dumped on your property. We offer all our soils, mulches, rock and firewood delivered in one of our Handy Cubes, one cubic yard bulk bags, to your door. Simple, easy and convenient! No mess, no fuss. Call us today for more information or to place an order.
Stay warm this winter or make great memories by the campfire with our premium Firewood. Blue Grass carries split and well seasoned birch and pine firewood, year round. Pick up your firewood from our Garden Centre or have us deliver to your door. We sell our firewood by the cord, any portion of a cord, or by the bundle.
Blue Grass custom blends numerous different soils for use in the landscape. All our soils are screened to remove rocks, and large debris. We carry screened loam, garden mix, black garden soil, naturer’s blend, peat moss and compost.
- Screened loam: commonly referred to as top soil, is best used for beneath sod or as clean fill.
- Garden Mix: is a blend of 34% screened loam, 33% sand, and 33% compost. Great for flower beds, gardens, etc. Not recommended for sodding.
- Black Garden soil: is a blend of 50% screened loam, 30% peat moss and 20% compost. The black garden soil is great for shrub beds,gardens, raised beds, flower beds and trees.
- Compost: is used to add organic nutrients to soils to help plants grow. It is great for use in flower beds, gardens or anywhere that is lacking nutrients. Our compost is a blend of composted manure, sod, small tree branches and peats.
- Nature’s Blend: is a mixture of 70% peat moss and 30% compost. Best for use in existing flower beds and gardens to improve soil structure and increase nutrient content. Perfect for container planting.
- Peat moss: is used to improve soil structure and drainage
Blue grass carries six different varieties of wood mulch. Mulch is highly recommended as a natural weed barrier and moisture retention product used around trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals. It is also decorative and comes in many different colours, sizes and textures. We carry shredded cedar, fir nuggets, acreage bark, pine, ebony and red. All mulches will break down and the colour will dull overtime and will need replenished periodically.
Rock – Decorative
We carry a very large selection of decorative stone in various colour, shapes and sizes. These products are typically used for decorative purposes throughout the landscape, like pathways, dog runs, garden beds, ponds or water features or anywhere a rock groundcover is required. Most of these products are dusty and need to be sprayed off with water to reveal their true colours. Our selection includes the following products, some in many sizes, rundle rock, limestone, washed rock, river rock and fieldstone. Please contact us for more information or to find the right rock for your project.
Rock – Gravel
We carry several different varieties of gravels for your landscape projects or on concrete surfaces for winter conditions.
- Pea Gravel: a small 12mm fractured rock used primarily for drainage, sub-grading, driveways, patio’s.
- Road Gravel: a 20mm fractured rock mixed with sand and fine rock. Great for packing and creating a firm base for sidewalks, patios, driveways, etc. Not recommended for drainage.
- Sanding Chip: a small 7mm fractured rock used primarily in winter on snow and ice to help increase traction and grip.
- Pickled Mix: a small 7mm fractured rock mixed with road salt, primarily used in winter on snow and ice to increase melting and traction.
Blue Grass offers two different varieties of sand. We have Bedding sand that is a 5mm product and is great for packing and levelling under patios and sidewalks. We also have Play sand that is a clean and washed sand used for playgrounds, sand boxes, and great for under patio blocks, sidewalks as well for decorative purposes.
Patio & Retaining Walls
Blue Grass Garden Centre carries several different lines of manufactured concrete products for use in your landscape. We carry Expocrete and Rox Blocks products that include sidewalk blocks, stepping stones, i-con edging stones, firepits, retaining wall systems, pavers, etc.
Flagstone & Ledgestone
Flagstone is a premium natural and durable stone used for making pathways, patios, stepping stones or dry pack retaining walls. They can be laid over a gravel and sand base, mortared in with concrete or cut into grass as stepping stones. Flagstone is available in many different colours at 2″ thick. Ledgestone is a textured and natural stone that adds a deep and rugged look to any wall or surface. Each stone is typically smaller in size then flagstone and is a popular adornment for home pillars and garage footers, retaining walls, feature walls and landscaping features such as fire pits. Ledgestone is available in 1-3″ thicknesses.
Blue Grass carries many different kinds of rock like sandstone, rundle, limestone, kootenay brown and revvy rock in boulders. Boulders are large decorative stones used as accents in a yard, retaining walls, or water features.